auto injures and whiplash
Being in a motor vehicle accident can be a life-changing event.
The traumatic experience can cause great emotional trauma that impacts many areas of your life. The sustained physical injuries from the accident can leave you debilitated from everyday tasks. At Honor Wellness, we understand how much motor vehicle accidents can affect the quality of your life and we are here to help you recover.
In British Columbia, there is an estimated 960 automobile accidents each day, and almost half of the cases are rear-ended collisions. The types of injuries from motor vehicle accidents may vary, but the most common injury sustained is whiplash.
Frequently asked questions
WHAT IS WHIPLASH?
Whiplash is a soft tissue injury to the neck. It is caused by the violent force of impact to your neck bending forward then backwards, or vice versa. The injury usually involves the muscles, tendons, bones and discs in your neck. This type of injury can occur even at a slow speed of ten kilometers per hour, making it widespread, regardless of the severity of the accident. Symptoms of whiplash may include neck pain, neck stiffness, shoulder pain, low back pain, blurred vision, insomnia, dizziness and pain or numbness in the arms.
Motor vehicle accidents may cause other injuries, including:
- Cuts, scrapes and bruising – the impact from the accident may cause soft tissue damage due to the projectile force.
- Knee injuries – The impact of the accident may cause your knees to hit the dashboard, causing damage to the tendons, ligaments and bones.
- Bone fractures – The impact of the accident can create enough force to break your ribs, arms, legs and sometimes shoulders.
- Head Injuries – The trauma can cause long-term damage to your brain.
- Post-Traumatic Stress – Emotional stress is common after a car accident. Anxiety, depression, insomnia can be symptoms of post-traumatic stress.
HOW CAN HONOR WELLNESS HELP?
In our clinic, we use a combination of acupuncture, manual therapy and Rapid Release Technology in the treatment of whiplash and auto injuries.
- Acupuncture – Releases tight muscles, regulating neurotransmitters to reduce pain and improve the delivery of highly oxygenated blood to the affected soft tissue.
- Rapid Release Technology – Rapid Release Technology uses vibration waves to break up scar tissue and adhesion to restore proper blood flow.
- Manual Therapy – a combination of Cupping and Gua Sha can help remove trapped stagnant blood circulation in the deeper layers of your soft tissue.
If you were injured in a vehicle accident covered by ICBC on or after April 1, 2019, you are automatically pre-authorized (regardless of fault) for up to 12 acupuncture sessions within 12 weeks of the date of the accident. If additional sessions are required, we can request ICBC to extend the coverage as needed.
Contact our clinic today to make an appointment or book online
Start your path toward better health and contact us now to book your appointment! If you prefer booking online, you can check our practitioners’ calendar and book using the button below.